shapeworks-users

Text archives Help

[shapeworks-users] [ShapeWorks] convert vtk to stl for FEM

  • From: Doyun Jeong <jjdoyun@gmail.com>
  • To: Shapeworks-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [shapeworks-users] [ShapeWorks] convert vtk to stl for FEM
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 17:20:53 +0900

Hi,
I'm shapeworks user
I have problem with file conversion

I did example of femur, and i got results.
then, clicked 'export PCA mesh...' button for generating stl file.
After that I got .vtk format, so I used '3D Slicer for converting vtk to stl.

I just imported vtk and saved stl.

I wanted to make shape finer; I used 'Rapidform' software.
I imported stl from shapeworks and slicer, but it couldn't read it.

The error message was,
"Failed to import C:\Desktop\newMesh.stl.
 File may be corrupted or an invalid format. Continue opning the remaining files?"

How can I fix it for finite element analysis.
I use 'abaqus', so i need to get iges format better.

Thanks.

Jeong Doyun

Researcher / M.S candidate

Intelligent Structure & Integrated Design Lab.

Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, University of Yonsei

50 yonsei-ro, Seodaemoon-Gu, Seoul 03722, Korea

Office: +82-2-2123-7222

Mobile: +82-10-8591-2833

email: jjdoyun@gmail.com