shapeworks-users

Text archives Help

[shapeworks-users] Feature Request for PCA Modes Visualization

  • From: AMY LORRAINE LENZ <amy.lenz@utah.edu>
  • To: "shapeworks-users@sci.utah.edu" <shapeworks-users@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: [shapeworks-users] Feature Request for PCA Modes Visualization
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 23:01:23 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi All,

I have a feature request for visualizing modes of variations.  Currently I use a distance map tool to create fringe plots in PostView (https://febio.org/postview/).  This creates a distance comparison between +/- 2 SD from the mean shape to highlight anatomical features.  See below an example of visualizing 3 modes of variation resulting from a ShapeWorks model of the talus (one ankle bone).  To do this I compare the mean shape to the +2SD surface and additionally compare the mean shape to the -2SD surface.  In the situation of presenting findings in manuscripts or posters, it provides a nice visual with color distinction of where differences reside.  Do you think this is something that could be easily included in View2 or the new ShapeWorksStudio analysis tab?

Thanks!

Amy

Amy L. Lenz, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Associate