shapeworks-users

Text archives Help

[shapeworks-users] ShapeWorks Users Get-Together

  • From: Shireen Elhabian <shireen@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: shapeworks-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Cc: shapeworks-dev@sci.utah.edu, Shireen Elhabian <shireen@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: [shapeworks-users] ShapeWorks Users Get-Together
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 10:31:44 -0700

Dear All,

As an end user interested in ShapeWorks, we would like to cordially invite you (in person or remotely) to our ShapeWorks monthly users get-together on Thursday, February 6th at 11 am (see below for more info).

Our development team (cced) has been putting a significant amount of effort to improve ShapeWorks deployment for both end-user and developer communities ... Thanks, ShapeWorkers!!

Your input matters at this stage as we are working our way towards a more usable, deployable, general-purpose software package for shape modeling, and hence this meeting will bridge your experience using ShapeWorks on your own data with our development efforts.

Here is the tentative agenda for this month meeting — please bring your shape modeling story (use case) to the table to discuss how to customize ShapeWorks for your own use case:

- Shape modeling with constraints - Femur use case
- Statistical group differences
- Estimating correspondences on new shape samples
- ShapeWorks API consolidation
- Shape models evaluation
- Users Stories & Open Discussion

When: Thursdays every four weeks starting August 15th (there has been one week shift due to new year) from 11am to 1pm MDT.

Where: WEB 2760 (Meldrum conference room)

Joining in person:  Lunch will be ordered with vegetarian and gluten free options. Please let me know if you have any other diet restrictions.

Please let me know if you are going to join in person by Monday Feb 3rd EOD to sort out logistics for lunch. Thanks!

Can’t join in person: Below is a recurring zoom invitation for the meeting, please feel free to join remotely if this is more convenient …

—————— Zoom invitation ——————
Hi there,

You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: Feb 6th, 2020 11:00 AM Mountain Time (US and Canada)

Register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/uJcsfumtrDgjuPtnVBOKq3_tV8sU8gsyPw

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

————————————————————

Getting the latest ShapeWorks tools:

Go to the Github page and follow the instructions in the top-level README: https://github.com/SCIInstitute/ShapeWorks

We also have shape analysis workflows (use cases) scripted in python. Please see https://github.com/SCIInstitute/ShapeWorks/Examples/Python/

Looking forward to our discussion! ….

Kind Regards
Shireen

Shireen Elhabian, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor
School of Computing
Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute
University of Utah
WEB 2815
72 Central Campus Drive, Salt Lake City, UT, 84112
Phone (801) 587-3206
Fax (801) 585-6513
Home Page: http://www.sci.utah.edu/~shireen