cleaver software mailing list

Text archives Help

[Cleaver] Using Cleaver2 to mesh cardiac models

  • From: brock@cardiosolv.com
  • To: cleaver@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [Cleaver] Using Cleaver2 to mesh cardiac models
  • Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 11:19:59 -0700

Hi, I've recently discovered Cleaver2 after a commercial software package we used to use has become unavailable. I'm excited to try it as it looks quite promising.

I've made a few attempts to mesh a test model (human heart) but have run into a few problems.

Firstly, as has been noted in some prior messages on this list, the software takes an enormous amount of RAM. I've ordered a new motherboard and CPU with a larger capacity for RAM and will have that set up tomorrow.

Secondly, there seem to be some bugs and/or inconsistent behavior in the version on GitHub. I'm working on tracking these problems down but I'm hoping someone else may have already seen them and fixed them. One problem is that the selection of adaptive/constant in the gui seems to have no effect -- meshes are always created adaptively. Currently I'm trying to track down where this happens in the gui code. Another problem is that the cleaver-cli ignores the -c argument for resolution, because of inconsistent use of command-line option variables in the code. I was able to fix this by simply replacing a couple of instances around line 225 where it says "scaling" with "scale". However, the cli mesher still seems to completely ignore the provided segmentation and create a very blocky and irregularly-shaped mesh with few tetrahedra.

I'd like to help resolve these problems but I figured I should check in on the state of the project first. Is it possible that some of this has been fixed and just not pushed to GitHub?

Thanks,
--Brock