cleaver software mailing list

Text archives Help

Re: [Cleaver] Using Cleaver2 to mesh cardiac models

  • From: Brock Tice <brock@cardiosolv.com>
  • To: cleaver@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Cleaver] Using Cleaver2 to mesh cardiac models
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:59:31 -0700

On 2017-02-09 13:08, Petar Petrov wrote:
About the blocky mesh:
this is the effect if you use binary segmentation, using the -s param,
and providing single file. Much better result is achieved by providing
gradient fields (range -1 -1). The recommended way is to use stage1 and
stage2 of the BioMesh3D pipeline packaged with scirun4. The you provide
the inout as *files_per_segment.nrrd to cli-cleaver

I might try to document how I am currently using it, since it was hinted
from me on this very mailing list but nowhere to be found in doc. I think!

Documentation on this would be quite helpful, as it doesn't seem that with multiple materials, using a segmentation file with -S, the mesh is created correctly. There are large gaps between the different materials. I'm going to take a look at the BioMesh3D stages 1 and 2 today.

Should any documentation be added to the github documentation project?
Who is currently active at SCI that can authorize/aid with this?

I am still using a half-image-stack as the motherboard for my high-ram machine was defective upon arrival Friday. A new one should be here today and then I can try this on the full mesh. I'll be starting with 64GB but with a Xeon the board can go up to 256GB -- should be enough. ;)

--Brock