iv3d-users

Text archives Help

Re: [IV3D-USERS] Documentation for UVF

  • From: "Liam M. Healy" <ml@orbitdynamics.space>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [IV3D-USERS] Documentation for UVF
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 12:34:39 -0400

Thanks for the response Tom. I wrote the program that generated the
data and the HDF5, so I can have it write the data in any format that
IV3D can ingest if I know what that format is. So let me rephrase my
request: I have a regular grid of Cartesian x, y, z values on which is
defined a set of values that I want to plot. I have read this write-up
https://github.com/SCIInstitute/ImageVis3D/blob/master/doc/import.adoc,
and I'm lost in a sea of possibilities. Supposing I can put the data
in any format, what should I chose, and how do I import that into
IV3D?

The reason I was inquiring on the specification of UVF is because I
read there that it was "ImageVis3D's native format" and expected that
it would be the best way to do this import. In fact I would just write
the program to generate a UVF directly, but since I don't know what
that format is, I can't do that. It sounds like the "raw data
converter" you mention is helpful; where can I get it and information
on it?

Thanks again,
Liam

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 12:28 AM tom fogal
< >