Manta Interactive Ray Tracer Development Mailing List

Text archives Help

[Manta] Re: Re: Manta for Windows question

  • From: Solomon Boulos < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Cc: " " < >
  • Subject: [Manta] Re: Re: Manta for Windows question
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:13:02 -0700

I tested wxManta on windows a while back. It worked fine. The recent build regressions on Windows should be easy to correct but unfortunately will probably happen again if we don't get a box setup to do nightly Windows builds.

As James mentioned though the MSVC bundled compiler didn't produce good code for us (memory alignment issues leading to segfaults). As Austin has pointed out, small game studios don't pay for the intel compiler and probably use SSE so we might just need some more flags to make MSVC play nice.

Solomon