Manta Interactive Ray Tracer Development Mailing List

Text archives Help

[Manta] manta flexibility

  • From: David E DeMarle < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [Manta] manta flexibility
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 09:53:18 -0400

Howdy all,

I am trying to write an article for the KW Source about Ollie's vtkManta work.

I want to make the point that Manta is flexible so that I can make a compelling case for future work about doing more than rendering of meshes with it, and to support a claim that it can be made to render very realistically.

I know Manta can do lots of primitive types, can do volume rendering, isosurface rendering, and so forth.

I would appreciate some clarification on to what extent it can do high quality rendering (Galileo?/Precomputed Global Illumination?,Soft Shadows?) and rendering of general implicit functions (mandelbub challenge) directly.

thanks,

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer