[SCIRUN-USERS] Job opening - Associate Director of Biomedical Computational Simulation Facility

  • From: Matthew Crema <crema@bu.edu>
  • To: map3d-users@sci.utah.edu, scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Job opening - Associate Director of Biomedical Computational Simulation Facility
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 14:14:45 -0500

Hello,

I'm new to these lists and I apologize in advance because my first post is a bit off topic.

I came across SCIRun/BioPSE/map3d the other day and I am currently evaluating it for use in my Master's thesis. My department (Biomedical Engineering at Boston University - http://bme.bu.edu) is very interested in becoming more proficient in large-scale computational techniques for Biomedical Engineering.

I am impressed with this software so far and I immediately thought that someone on these lists might be perfect for an open position in my department: http://www.bu.edu/dbin/bme/news/?rjob=14&job=14

Applicants should have an interest in teaching. Their primary responsibility (imo) will be training entering graduate students each year. We are interested in developing open-source software as well. We have already made a large investment in supercomputing hardware and we are are waiting for the perfect person to direct the facility.

-Matt

Again, sorry for the off-topic post. I hope to be more active in these groups as I become more familiar with the software. Incidentally, my project involves simulation of potential fields/current spread in the gerbil cochlea in response to stimulation with implanted electrodes. We hope that this work will have impliciations in cochlear implant design.