[SCIRUN-USERS] Re: set electrode conductivity on DefibrillationTutorial

  • From: Jess Tate <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: Donghyeon Kim <danielkim@gist.ac.kr>
  • Cc: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Re: set electrode conductivity on DefibrillationTutorial
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:35:56 -0600

In our model that is in the defib tutorial, we set the entire electrode to the same potential in the boundary condition (AddKnownsToLinearSystem), so if you are using this setup directly, then the conductivity values inside the electrode are irrelevant.  That said, the space where the electrodes are also have conductivities assigned to it as dictated by the segmentation.  If for some reason you wanted to set those regions where the electrodes are to a separate than that of the tissue (segmentation), you would have to incorporate that into your segmentation somehow.  One way to do that would be to map some value representing the electrode locations onto the segmentation mesh used in the FEM calculation (1 at points for the electrode and 0 elsewhere), you could use the MapDataOntoNodes or Elements (make sure it matches the data centering for the segmentation).  You can then use CalculateFieldData to set some kind of comparison between the segmentation and the electrode label to make the electrode region the value you want, perhaps a new index and append your conductivity matrix.  The comparison would be something like

RESULT = (DATA2 == 1)*12 + (DATA2==0)*DATA1;

Where DATA1 is the segmentation indices, DATA2 marks where the electrodes are, and 12 is the new indices (the example segmentation has 11 tissues already if I remember correct).  You would then add another row to your conductivity matrix to the value you want for the electrode.

Hope that helps.

cheers,
Jess