[SCIRUN-USERS] cleaning the geometry

  • From: Caro Wessel <carolina.carolina@gmail.com>
  • To: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] cleaning the geometry
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 21:52:50 +0000

Dear all,

I've been segmenting a breast (including fibroglandular tissues) with Seg3D and creating the geometry with SCIRun to import into Abaqus and then mesh.

My problem is, even if i downsample and smooth, I still get too many points. As the model is too big, running in Abaqus takes forever or crashes.

I understand i could use commercial software (such as Geomagic) to clean the geometry. So, the question is, do you know of any extra tools people have developed within SCIRun to clean the geometry? Or do you happen to know of any freeware software that can read .vtk and do the job?

Thank you!!
Carolina

--

«Si los pueblos no se ilustran, si no se vulgarizan sus derechos, si cada hombre no conoce lo que vale, lo que puede y lo que se le debe, nuevas ilusiones sucederán a las antiguas, y después de vacilar algún tiempo entre mil incertidumbres, será tal vez nuestra suerte mudar de tiranos sin destruir la tiranía». Mariano Moreno,  1810,  La Gaceta