[SCIRUN-USERS] Re: cleaning the geometry

  • From: Dana Brooks <brooks@ece.neu.edu>
  • To: Caro Wessel <carolina.carolina@gmail.com>
  • Cc: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Re: cleaning the geometry
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 12:38:15 -0500

Carolina,  hi,

As it happens I am working with a group at Northeastern (I am part of CIBC but located at NU not in Utah) that is also using Seg3D to create label maps from 3D breast volumes. Are you working on MR images? or some other imaging technology ? (We are using digital breast tomosynthesis volumes.)

And like you we are using these label maps to create a mesh (we use a free package called isomesh at the moment) and then use a standard FE package to do some simulations. We also do some downsampling before we do the meshing, and there are many ways to go about doing that downsampling.

Let me know what imaging technology you are using to get the breast volumes and then I will send your question to the folks working on this locally to see what they suggest.

best regards,

Dana

=======
Dana H. Brooks