[SCIRUN-USERS] Converting surface meshes to volume meshes

  • From: Layla Houshmand <layla.houshmand@gmail.com>
  • To: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Converting surface meshes to volume meshes
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 11:20:54 -0400

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is there a straightforward way to convert a surface mesh (e.g. a trisurfmesh or a quadsurfmesh) to a volume mesh (e.g. a tetvolmesh or a hexvolmesh)?  I've been using FairMesh on some surface meshes that represent brain anatomy and I really like the results, but they need to be converted to volume meshes for later clipping purposes.

Thanks!
Layla

--
Layla Houshmand, Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan