Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Biomesh3D resulting mesh shifted

  • From: Brett Burton <zaracay@gmail.com>
  • To: Jess Tate <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • Cc: Hon Fai Choi <honfai.choi@gmail.com>, scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Biomesh3D resulting mesh shifted
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 12:51:00 -0600

Like Jess implied, Biomesh transforms the original segmentation into a
different coordinate space in order to generate the original mesh. during
this first transformation, it creates a transformation file
([FileName]_pad_transform.tf). It uses this transform to shift the heart
back, but as you may notice by the name of the .tf file, Biomesh also pads
your data. If you are finding that this shift is very slight, it is probably
due to the padding. Jess's approach will work, in both cases, to get you
aligned again.

Let us know if you have further questions

Brett