[SCIRUN-USERS] Liver Modeling from CT Scans

  • From: "Medford, Shawn" <Shawn.Medford@childrens.harvard.edu>
  • To: "scirun-users@sci.utah.edu" <scirun-users@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: [SCIRUN-USERS] Liver Modeling from CT Scans
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 15:56:57 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

To the SCI Team,

I am a research assistant at Boston Children's Hospital working with a team of pediatric surgeons and fellows. We are looking to identify software platforms that enable us to generate visual models of both the liver of a transplant patient donor and the liver cavity of the recipient given CT scans from the patients' hospital to determine liver and cavity volume and size/dimension measurements. Since we work with pediatric patients, often there are size mismatches with adult liver donors and we hope to mitigate the occurrence of these mismatches.

Given your expertise in modeling, simulation, and visualization, I was wondering if you have any suggestions for software platforms and/or companies to partner with for this purpose. Thank you for your assistance!

Best,

Shawn