Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] SCIRun command-line tool for turning SCIRun data files into plain ASCII format

  • From: Dan White <dwhite@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] SCIRun command-line tool for turning SCIRun data files into plain ASCII format
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 13:34:50 -0700

You can use the SCIRun 4 GUI to do this. A WriteField module with file output type set as "TriSurfField (*.fac, *.tri, *.pts, *.pos)" will write out plain text. Do you require a command-line tool for this specifically? If so, it is possible to script the conversion in bash, or in version 5, in Python. Others on the list can help with that part.

Dan