Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] SCIRun command-line tool for turning SCIRun data files into plain ASCII format

  • From: "Guldenring, Daniel" <d.guldenring@ulster.ac.uk>
  • To: "scirun-users@sci.utah.edu" <scirun-users@sci.utah.edu>, Dan White <dwhite@sci.utah.edu>, "pip010@gmail.com" <pip010@gmail.com>, "bburton@sci.utah.edu" <bburton@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] SCIRun command-line tool for turning SCIRun data files into plain ASCII format
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 21:45:44 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Dear all,

Many thanks for your quick reply to my question.

Brett, I have followed your advise and used the

combination of the read field & the write field module

in SCIrun and this worked for me perfectly.

Petar, one of the SCIrun training PDF documents did

mention the "TriSurfFieldToText" function.  I was looking

for this document again.  However, I was unfortunately

unsuccessful in finding it again.  Nevertheless, I was able

to locate another hint for the existence of this command-line

tool.  The readme.txt file in the "SCIRunData_4.6_20120809_data/convert-examples/unstructured" folder also mentions the existence of this command-line tool.

I have attached the relevant readme.txt file for your reference.

Dan, thank you for your suggestion. I was already successful

with the approach suggested by Brett -as I do not really need

a command-line tool (I was just looking for an easy way for

converting *.ts.fld files into ASCII format files).

Again, many thanks for your quick response to my question.

Best regards,

Daniel

Dr Daniel Guldenring
Nanotechnology and Integrated Bioengineering Centre (NIBEC)
Engineering Research Institute
School of Engineering
Ulster University
Shore Road