Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Question about Meshlab file import in SCIRUN

  • From: Jess <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: Vikas R bhat <vikasraghubhat@gmail.com>
  • Cc: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Question about Meshlab file import in SCIRUN
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 15:41:21 -0600

Hi Vikas,

I don’t know Meshlab that well, so I’m not sure of all the steps you are doing, nor is the included image very clear, but it seems that your mesh isn’t the right type.  You need to have a have a volume mesh (I think it needs to be tetvols).  If your field is a volume mesh, then there seems to be a lot empty space, which will not only make it difficult to place the dipole within the volume, but it will not allow any meaningful calculations.  If you send  the type of data that you start with in your obj file (tetvol mesh?  surface mesh?), I could probably give you some ideas to help you get what you want.

cheers,
Jess