Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Problems setting contact voltage on DBS lead

  • From: jess <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: gorman.sydney@mayo.edu
  • Cc: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Problems setting contact voltage on DBS lead
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 16:50:41 -0700

Hi Sydney,

There are a few reasons that there would be zeros in your solution. The most
common is that the voltages are not set properly. To calculate the potential
field from known electrodes (boundary conditions) the field need to be the
set voltages only at the desired locations and nan everywhere else. You can
test this using clipfieldbyfunction and using 'isfinite(DATA);’ in the
parser. Other things to check include the conductivities (cannot be 0 or too
high), and the error on the solvelinearsystem module (which should be 10e-6
or lower).

cheers,
Jess