Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Problems setting contact voltage on DBS lead

  • From: Andrew Janson <jansonap@gmail.com>
  • To: jess <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • Cc: "Gorman, Sydney N." <gorman.sydney@mayo.edu>, scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Problems setting contact voltage on DBS lead
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 10:21:29 -0700

Hi Sydney,

To expand on Jess' answer, the other common reasons that do not produce a valid solution are not setting Dirichlet boundary conditions in "ApplyFEMVoltageSource" (if you are using "ApplyFEMCurrentSource" make sure the Source model is set to "sources and sinks") and make sure "SolveLinearSystem" has converged (Click the "i" on the module to see how many iterations it needed to converge, you may need to increase the maximum iterations in the module). I remember Grayson Goss emailed me last summer about DBS simulations in SCIRun and he had a network called "DBS In A Box". This is a bit less complex than the network from my paper but covers the necessary modules to simulate DBS for both voltage and current-controlled stimulation. This network is a part of our BrainStimulator toolkit which you can download directly through SCIRun in the "Toolkit" tab or here (https://github.com/SCIInstitute/BrainStimulator). Once downloaded, extract the zip file and look in the "Networks" folder and set your Path under "Windows>>Preferences" to the extracted BrainStimulator folder.

Thanks,
Andrew