Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Difficulty with the "BuildFeMatrix" in ScirRun 4.7, 5,0

  • From: jess <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: Douglas Wallace Todd <toddd@email.arizona.edu>
  • Cc: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Difficulty with the "BuildFeMatrix" in ScirRun 4.7, 5,0
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 15:49:08 -0600

Hi Douglas,

SCIRun fields can have data located at the nodes or the elements, which SCIRun then interprets as a linear or constant basis for interpolating data over an element.   The BuildFEmatrix is designed to work for data located on the elements.  There are many ways to get the data on the elements in SCIRun, but I think in this case, you will only need to change the CreateLatVol to have data located at the cells (cells are volumetric elements in SCIRun).

In general, moving data between data locations can be done with MapFieldDataFromNodeToElem and its reciprocal, MapFieldDataFromElemToNode.  ConvertFieldBasis will do a similar mapping with fewer options.  Some other modules have options for data locations similar to CreateLatvol, eg, CreateFieldData.

cheers,
Jess