Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Wold like an example of how to build a mesh from tri-surface data

  • From: Andrew Janson <jansonap@gmail.com>
  • To: Douglas Todd <toddd@email.arizona.edu>
  • Cc: jess <jess@sci.utah.edu>, scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] Wold like an example of how to build a mesh from tri-surface data
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 20:21:54 -0600

Hi Douglas,

If you would like to build a tetrahedral mesh you can use the module "InterfaceWithTetGen". For simple meshes with only an outer surface boundary, you can pipe your trisurf field into the leftmost port of this module ("main"). The default parameters of this module will generate a rough tetrahedral mesh from your "shell". Inside the UI of "InterfaceWithTetGen" you can select the "-a" flag to control maximum tetrahedral element volume sizes. You can further check "Specify a maximum volume constraint ..." if you want to change the default value of "0.1".

Sincerely,
Andrew Janson