[Seg3D] Re: Re: Re: trying to create a new GUI Tool for Seg3D

  • From: Ramón Casero Cañas <ramon.casero@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Cc: 'Rafel Bordas' <rafel.bordas@wolfson.ox.ac.uk>
  • Subject: [Seg3D] Re: Re: Re: trying to create a new GUI Tool for Seg3D
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 15:12:05 +0100

Hi all,

So finally a basic Test tool is working for me.

I have updated the architecture diagram I used to figure out how things work

http://paracommunications.org/wiki/index.php/Adding_a_new_filter_to_Seg3D#Schematic_of_a_Seg3D_tool_architecture

and also the documentation in general.

I provide patches to Seg3D files (or the whole file, if it has to be created from scratch), so that one gets a "Test Tool" in the "Tools" menu.

This tool, following the official documentation example, has a spin box and 2 buttons.

The example just outputs a simple message to stdout when you click a button or update the value of the spin box.

I have also made a full patch in case one wants to modify the whole source code tree in one go.

For details, please see

http://paracommunications.org/wiki/index.php/Adding_a_new_filter_to_Seg3D

Next step: Make the example more complex to catch up with the official documentation, and that the tool does something within the GUI, instead of stdout.

Cheers,

R.

--
Ramón Casero Cañas, DPhil

Computational Biology, Computing Laboratory
University of Oxford
Wolfson Building, Parks Rd
Oxford OX1 3QD

tlf     +44 (0) 1865 610807
web     http://web.comlab.ox.ac.uk/people/Ramon.CaseroCanas
photos  http://www.flickr.com/photos/rcasero/

  • [Seg3D] Re: Re: Re: trying to create a new GUI Tool for Seg3D, Ramón Casero Cañas, 10/02/2009