[Seg3D] Seg3D - PointSet Register and other issues

  • From: Sidnei Paciornik <sidnei@puc-rio.br>
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [Seg3D] Seg3D - PointSet Register and other issues
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 12:05:30 -0200

Dear colleagues,

Is there any documentation on the Point Set Register method?

I have been using it with great success to register microtomographs of teeth, with great success. But I would need more details on its operation so that we can estimate errors, etc.

I would also like to get back to an oustanding issue: how do we set the voxel size in real world units (mm3, µm3)?

And a final question: is there a way to measure surface area? I know we can measure the volume of masks, but I would need to measure surface area too.

Thank you very much.

Prof. Sidnei Paciornik
Grupo de Análise de Imagens e Microscopia Digital
DEMa - Departamento de Engenharia de Materiais
PUC-Rio
Rua Marquês de São Vicente 225
Prédio Leme, Sala 501L
Gávea - Rio de Janeiro - RJ