[Seg3D] Re: Re: feature request zoom in other views

  • From: Ayla Khan <ayla@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Cc: Hon Fai Choi <honfai.choi@gmail.com>
  • Subject: [Seg3D] Re: Re: feature request zoom in other views
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 22:55:27 -0600

Hi Hon Fai,

Segmentations in Seg3D are treated as boolean data, i.e. it keeps track of whether a voxel in the segmentation label mask is "on" or not. When a single segmentation label mask is exported, a value of 1 is assigned using whatever method makes sense for the selected file type. If more than one segmentation label mask is exported in a given file, then the background, or air, is assigned a value of 0, and each label mask is assigned values from 1 onwards.

Now in the case of image stacks, the label masks are passed to an ITK file exporter without modification, which is why the rgb values correspond to the label values (keep in mind that an image stack can contain more than one label mask). It may be possible to alter this to write out label values scaled to the range of grayscale values - this will require some investigation.

Ayla