[Seg3D] Re: Large Dataset on Windows 8

  • From: anastasios.marmaras@uzh.ch
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [Seg3D] Re: Large Dataset on Windows 8
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 14:54:58 +0200

Hello Ayla,

Thank you very much for your response and the clarification regarding out-of-core data.

Unfortunately the log file contains nothing: When i make a new project, a long list of entries appear in the log. The last line of which is:

[2013-Jul-18 14:32:18|ActionNewProject.cc|145] SUCCESS: Successfully created new project 'Kidney21'.

(Kidney21 being the name of the project file.).

When i subsequently try to load the data stack (which takes a few minutes and crashes at 6.5 GB memory utilisation) the crash is silent, nothing new is written to the log file.

I am in general very willing to try out your test code. But would that involve recompiling Seg3D for windows ? If that's the case we will probably not have much luck with it because we do not have Visual Studio, or much experience with it here. (and we also do not have a linux machine with that amount of ram). If it is a matter of replacing some pre-compiled component i can go ahead with it.

Thanks again for your helpful response.

best regards,
Anastasios