Re: [Seg3D] Questions regarding import of DICOM data

  • From: Jess <jess@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: "Lobo, Fluvio" <flobo@ist.ucf.edu>
  • Cc: "seg3d@sci.utah.edu" <seg3d@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Seg3D] Questions regarding import of DICOM data
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 16:16:10 -0600

Hi Fluvio,

Seg3D is not meant to handle data that is not an image volume.  If the slices have different sizes, multiple slices per position, or high irregular spacing, Seg3D currently won’t be able to read it.  The dicoms can be split up into multiple volumes and loaded separately. Slices should load in order, however, so that is probably  a bug we can try to address.

You can use horos, osirix, RadiAnt or something similar to reformat the dicoms as a work around or to split up the volumes.

cheers,
Jess