shapeworks-users

Text archives Help

RE: [shapeworks-users] Shapeworks 1.2 Win troubleshoot

  • From: Michael Harris <Michael.D.Harris@du.edu>
  • To: Joshua E Cates <josh.cates@carma.utah.edu>, Adam Cyr <Adam.J.Cyr@du.edu>
  • Cc: "Shapeworks-users@sci.utah.edu" <Shapeworks-users@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: RE: [shapeworks-users] Shapeworks 1.2 Win troubleshoot
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 22:26:49 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Files now attached.

______________________________

Michael D. Harris, PhD

Center for Orthopaedic Biomechanics

University of Denver

michael.d.harris@du.edu

www.du.edu/biomechanics

From: Michael Harris
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2014 4:26 PM
To: Joshua E Cates; Adam Cyr (Adam.J.Cyr@du.edu)
Cc: 'Shapeworks-users@sci.utah.edu'
Subject: Shapeworks 1.2 Win troubleshoot

Hey Josh,

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, we would like to try ShapeWorks for a SSM of the foot.  To start, we have been trying a set of four feet.

We have tried to run ShapeWorks in two ways:

1-      Using the Windows v1.2.0 available on the SCI website

2-      Using the protocol and Unix executables from the femur shape modeling paper I did with Manasi

We are having trouble running the software in each case.  On Windows, we have tried running with and without the Groom steps.  After ShapeWorksRun we get points files but they form shapes that are just a mess and not anything like the feet we input.  If we try to look at the individual samples in ShapeWorksView, the program either crashes or shows a mess of blocks that appear meaningless.

In Unix, I keep getting a ‘Segmentation fault’ when trying to run the particle initialization.  I have run the shapes through all the preprocessing steps that I used on the past, even the ones that are redundant with some of the preprocessing I do before ShapeWorks (e.g. aligning, trimming the bounding boxes, padding, filling holes, cutting out data that I don’t want to affect the shape analysis).

Attached is a folder with the 4 samples in nrrd format.  As input to ShapeWorks we have also tried mha and tiff,  but get the same results.

Is it possible for you or one of your people to run this small sample set through ShapeWorks to see if you can get it to work?  If there are newer executables that would be better than what are on the website, we would be happy to try them ourselves.

Thanks,

Mike