shapeworks-users

Text archives Help

Re: [shapeworks-users] Disappearing After Grooming

  • From: Shireen Elhabian <shireen@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: shapeworks-users@sci.utah.edu, Claudia Companioni-Brito <ccompanionib@gmail.com>
  • Cc: Shireen Elhabian <shireen@sci.utah.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [shapeworks-users] Disappearing After Grooming
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 12:17:01 -0600

Hi Claudia,

The shapes disappear because these are so thin structures that do not have enough pixel-wise spatial support.  What voxel size are you using for the “applyIsotropicResampling” step? The segmentations voxel spacing is 0.1, if you are using a larger voxel spacing, this would make the shapes disappear. You could also resample it with less than 0.1 space to get a better resolution. Also, these segmentations have enough background voxels, you might want to bypass the padding step.

thanks and best regards
Shireen

Shireen Elhabian, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor
School of Computing
Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute
University of Utah
WEB 2815
72 Central Campus Drive, Salt Lake City, UT, 84112
Phone (801) 587-3206
Fax (801) 585-6513
Home Page: http://www.sci.utah.edu/~shireen