Manta Interactive Ray Tracer Development Mailing List

Text archives Help

[Manta] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Manta vs RTRT controls

  • From: Abe Stephens < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [Manta] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Manta vs RTRT controls
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:48:47 -0600

In Manta if you'd like to change the mouse interaction for the bin/manta program, modify or duplicate UserInterface/XWindowUI.{h,cc} following Andrew's example.

To change how the mouse is handled in the csafe demo, or other python scripts, take a look at scenes/csafe/python/csafe_demo.py. This application uses the MantaFrame class (in SwigInterface/wxManta.py) in which mouse events can be rebound using the wxPython EventManager interface from other code.

It would be nice to have a more flexible mechanism for selecting interaction modes, at one point we supported video game mode, fly mode, and trackball. Those died with the FoxToolkit code.

Abe