Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] OpenGL Issues?

  • From: tom fogal <tfogal@sci.utah.edu>
  • To: scirun-users@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: Re: [SCIRUN-USERS] OpenGL Issues?
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 10:32:04 +0100

Hi Damon!

Does 'glxgears' work?

Given that the second cards are teslas, you probably want to disable SLI. Try:

nvidia-xconfig --sli=off

I believe you need to restart your X server after you do that.

If you have no luck there, posting the output of 'glxinfo' to the list may be useful. Make sure to capture both stdout && stderr when logging it. IIRC glxgears and glxinfo are in the 'glx-utils' package on RH/CentOS.

All that said, if 'ShowField' is working then your OpenGL setup is probably okay. Might just be a bug in ConvertFieldsToTexture. Reducing the pipeline as much as possible and using a (faked) tiny data file would probably help debug.

-tom