[Seg3D] wiki doc: dependency on GTK+ and nVidia drivers

  • From: Ramón Casero <ramon.casero@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [Seg3D] wiki doc: dependency on GTK+ and nVidia drivers
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 21:35:16 +0000

I'm following

http://software.sci.utah.edu/SCIRunDocs/index.php/CIBC:Seg3D:Documentation:Building

to build Seg3D from source on Ubuntu Linux 64. I would like to note a couple of issues with the building process, that are not bugs per se, but that I think would be nice to document in the wiki. I don't have a wiki account to edit it myself.

*** GTK+ dependency

The first issue is that the building requires the development files for GTK+.

In Ubuntu, for example you can get it with

$ sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev

*** nVidia OpenGL

I am using nVidia proprietary drivers to be able to use a dual screen. In this case, it is necessary to install the development package of the drivers (this will remove the Mesa OpenGL packages).

In Ubuntu, you do this, for example, by running:

$ sudo apt-get install nvidia-glx-180-dev
[...]
The following packages will be REMOVED
  libgl1-mesa-dev mesa-common-dev
The following NEW packages will be installed
  nvidia-glx-180-dev
[...]

***

After installing the packages above, one can run the build script.

Cheers,

.::r

--
Ramón Casero Cañas