[Seg3D] Re: Re: Re: loss of functionality? export segmentation to MetaImage format

  • From: Ramón Casero Cañas <ramon.casero@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [Seg3D] Re: Re: Re: loss of functionality? export segmentation to MetaImage format
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:34:58 +0100

Ramón Casero Cañas wrote:

In my opinion, it's useful to show all the formats in the drop-down menu, because otherwise the user may get confused.

For instance, Gimp, the image editor, does that. By default, "All images" is the option presented.

If you give a name with a particular extension, the extension is checked. If the extension is not recognised, then you get an error dialog:

"The given filename does not have any known file extension. Please enter a known file extension or select a file format from the file format list".

The drop down menu presents a (rather long) list with all formats Gimp can save to.

Oh, I forgot. In Gimp, if you select one format with the drop down menu (e.g. XCF), but then you write the filename with another extension, e.g. example.jpg, the text box overrides the drop down menu, and the image will be saved as JPEG.

Cheers,

R.

--
Ramón Casero Cañas, DPhil

Computational Biology, Computing Laboratory
University of Oxford
Wolfson Building, Parks Rd
Oxford OX1 3QD

tlf     +44 (0) 1865 610807