[Seg3D] fast compilations of Seg3D?

  • From: Ramón Casero Cañas <ramon.casero@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Subject: [Seg3D] fast compilations of Seg3D?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 12:52:56 +0100

Hi,

When I make changes to Seg3D, add new code, etc, and I want to check whether it compiles and runs successfully, I run

$ ./build.sh --seg3d-only --with-wxwidgets --cmake-args=-DWITH_MPEG=OFF -j8

This seems to run all the configuration, and compilation is slow, even with 4 processors.

But suppose I have already run ./build.sh once, and now all I want to make is a small change in the implementation of a tool, e.g. src/Applications/Seg3D/TestTool.cc, and recompile+link.

Is there a fastest way to test whether the new code compiles and links and runs?

Best regards,

Ramon.

--
Ramón Casero Cañas, DPhil

Computational Biology, Computing Laboratory
University of Oxford
Wolfson Building, Parks Rd
Oxford OX1 3QD

tlf     +44 (0) 1865 610807