[Seg3D] Re: Re: trying to create a new GUI Tool for Seg3D

  • From: Ramón Casero Cañas <ramon.casero@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
  • To: seg3d@sci.utah.edu
  • Cc: 'Rafel Bordas' <rafel.bordas@wolfson.ox.ac.uk>
  • Subject: [Seg3D] Re: Re: trying to create a new GUI Tool for Seg3D
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 19:43:25 +0100

Hi,

Just a note in case someone is interested.

After a bit of diving in the code, I have come up with an schematic of what I think the architecture of a tool in Seg3D looks like.

http://paracommunications.org/wiki/index.php/Adding_a_new_filter_to_Seg3D#Schematic_of_a_Seg3D_tool_architecture

I'm not too sure whether it's correct or not, specially when it comes to signals/events (I'm not quite a programmer), but I'll use it as the starting point to try to add a new test tool, and see whether it works this time.

I suppose this will be soon useless anyway, as if I understood it correctly, Seg3D is going to stop using Skinner in the next release.

Best regards,

Ramon.

--
Ramón Casero Cañas, DPhil

Computational Biology, Computing Laboratory
University of Oxford
Wolfson Building, Parks Rd
Oxford OX1 3QD

tlf     +44 (0) 1865 610807